Lab4Dive will develop a smart lab based on an underwater tablet coupled with environmental sensors, a high resolution camera and an acoustic positioning system, which will be integrated with a cloud data gathering system. It will be able to provide to underwater archaeologists several aids during their on-site work:
- Plan a survey
- Show the area map based on acoustic bathymetry where points of interest are marked;
- Show the path followed by the diver during the immersion thus evidencing the areas already explored and the ones that needed to be investigated;
- Acquire geo-localized photos for marking interesting evidences or for the subsequent creation of orthophoto and 3D models of the explored areas;
- Acquire geo-localized environmental data from the available sensors;
- Acquire geo-localized notes for marking acquired samples and other interesting points.